Residential Youth Worker (Interim Care). Casual - Glenmore Park
Job no: 496329
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Provide therapeutic care and support to children/young people living in a short-term transitional care home in Glenmore Park. Promote a safe environment and actively participate in and encourage activities that support the development of a range of skills.
Successful candidates will require flexibility to work across various shifts on a 24/7 roster which may include sleepovers and weekends.
- Provide daily care and supervision to children and young people
- Implement and support individual care plans
- Encourage and participate in activities to increase and develop life skills
- Support the involvement of family
- Apply a therapeutic care approach and therapeutic crisis intervention system (TCI)
- Maintenance of regular notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Diploma or certificate in Community Services, Youth work, Childcare or similar
- Candidates studying a Bachelor of Education or Early Childhood will be considered
- Experience working with children
- Understanding of the impacts of trauma on child development
- Ability to form and maintain developmental relationships with children/young people
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Unrestricted NSW driver licence
- Flexible hours with casual positions available
- Ongoing training, support and career development opportunities
- Hourly rate from $28.83 + super + salary packaging benefits
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 23rd of June, 2021 (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend