Disability Support Worker. Casual - Dalby & Chinchilla
Job no: 496305
Employment type: Casual
Location: Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Rewarding opportunity to provide Active Support to clients with complex behaviours.
- Position based in Chinchilla and Dalby
- $35.75 per hour + Super + penalty rates
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with Disability.
Working in a team, you will facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with clients in a positive and proactive environment. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment. The successful candidates will have experience with intensive positive emotional support and be available to work a range of shifts including weekends and sleepovers. This role will service Chinchilla and Dalby as such you will be required to travel to both locations.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care)
- Community access and transport
- Maintain and monitor person-centred plans
- Documenting and progress note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting clients with disability and/or mental health diagnosis (essential)
- Experience with restrictive practices, challenging behaviours and the implementation of positive behaviour support plans is essential. (Ongoing support and training will be provided)
- Australian Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle (essential)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain prior to commencement (essential)
- Certificate III Individual Support, Community Services or similar, or willingness to obtain (desirable)
- Passionate about delivering Person-Centred care
Critically, your passion for providing Active Support will drive you to make a real difference to the lives of those we support.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Salary packaging options through Maxxia
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Ongoing training and support by a team of experienced disability support workers, dedicated to improving our client’s quality of life and engagement in the community
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading ‘DSW Dalby’.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is 22nd April 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend