State Manager- Operational Development - Child Youth & Family. Perm Full Time - QLD
Job no: 496299
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett, Cairns & Far North, Gladstone & Central QLD, Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast, Ipswich, Logan, Mackay & Coalfields, Mt Isa & Western QLD, Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast, Somerset & Lockyer, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba & Darling Downs, Townsville & Northern QLD
Categories: Human Resources, Child, Youth & Family, Strategy & Engagement
- Permanent Full-Time Opportunity based in any LWB QLD office locations – Regular travel required
- Proven project experience within the community sector will be highly regarded
- Competitive base salary + $17,500 vehicle allowance + super + Monthly RDO + Salary Packaging
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Child, Youth and Family QLD you will be responsible for managing a team that delivers a range of project activities covering initiatives instrumental to LWB’s strategic relationships, performance activities and current and future child youth and family service offerings. You will work closely with QLD Regional Directors and the State Practice Hub Manager in the delivery of key performance outcomes.
You will work within the business and with relevant stakeholders to provide strategic oversight on Child Youth and Family QLD priorities including:
- Participation in Australian Research Council grants
- Analysis and provision of relevant internal and external data
- Relevant legislative submissions and other key internal/external submissions
- Secretriat support to the QLD Reconciliation Action Plan Committee
- Coordination of emergent state-wide priorities
You will lead a team of project officers with the aim to minimize both effort and risk by bringing Operations closer to the development stages of new initiatives, plans and services. The team will bridge the gap between idea and implementation, enact effective change management process and ensure appropriate adaptation of endorsed changes.
Support the required work environment, culture, systems and processes necessary to embed standards, behaviours and practices consistent with LWB values, work health and safety requirements and pillars of practice. Work with and within the QLD CYF Senior Leadership Team to:
- build a strong service culture
- promote and design sustainable and client centred services
- participate in identifying systemic issues, sharing best practice and supporting the implementation systems improvement
- achieve business plan outcomes and other organisational programs and initiatives
LWB QLD office locations – Work from any of these locations – Regular travel to all locations will be required
- Milton – Brisbane
- Shailer Park
You will have demonstrated experience in leadership and project management within Child Youth and Family service, working in a large national highly transactional organisation dealing with high-level projects and competing priorities to deliver outcomes within agreed timeframes and quality standards.
This coupled with your experience in senior project management, strong project methodology and /or software and the ability to communicate with senior stakeholders will see you be successful in this role. Exception management, written, verbally and data interpretation skill is critical to your success in the role.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in business or human services (or relevant field).
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Working knowledge of relevant policy, legislative and regulatory environment for areas of business responsibility
- Ability to apply theoretical service models to workable solutions in applied settings
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of senior stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies, and government agencies
- Excellent written communication skills for the creation of reports, correspondence, and other material
- Proficient ability in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Competitive base salary + $17,500 vehicle allowance + super
- Work from any LWB office in QLD
- Monthly RDO
- Supportive team environment
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal & Entertainment benefit, novated leasing
- Travel club membership, discounted health insurance & discounted vehicle servicing to mention a few
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading " State Manager, Operational Development - Child, Youth & Family QLD”
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. The current closing date is the 25th April 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend