Youth Worker. Casual and Perm PT - Mackay
Job no: 496294
Employment type: Casual
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability experience to apply.
About the Role
We have casual and permanent part-time positions available
$39.69 per hour + super+ weekend penalties
Guided by the six principles of the CARE model, the Youth Worker provides direct care and mentoring of children and/or young people with a wide range of responsibility for specialised program activities, child/young person development and supervision, and promotion of a safe environment. Activities may take place in community settings or in the child or young person’s home.
Our Child, Youth and Family program in Mackay supports children and young people within a Residential service (aged between 12-16) who present with high complex needs; including high medical needs, mental health, disability, emotional and complex behavioural issues. Our ideal candidate will work closely with other staff to assist young people to heal from their trauma and achieve their potential whilst planning for permanency.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to work a rotating roster. Shift work will include after hours work, sleepover shifts and weekend work (penalties included).
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
- Personal care as required
Skills & Experience
- Willingness to work towards a Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care) or a recognised relevant qualification - LWB will guide you towards finding the right qualification
- Valid unrestricted Australian drivers’ licence.
- Reliable vehicle you are willing to use for transporting clients to and from appointments.
- Valid Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification.
- Be willing to hold and maintain 3rd party insurance on the vehicle and ensure your vehicle is regularly serviced
- Complete Hope and Healing Framework Foundations prior to starting
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Rewarding role with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Competitive hourly rate and access to salary packaging through Maxxia
- Ongoing career opportunities
- Hope & Healing bonus of $300 in recognition for completing all 10 modules prior to starting your first day
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend