Aged Care Support Worker. Permanent, Part-Time - Mackay
Job no: 496293
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Categories: Aged Care
- Permanent part-time position
- 20 hours per fortnight
- $28.41 per hour + Super + sick leave & annual leave
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This is not an entry level role; You will actively support the individual needs of frail and aged people who access our Community Care Services. You will be supporting clients who may have complex needs to remain living independently at home through the provision of domestic assistance (cleaning), personal care, community access and activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, doctors’ appointments, post office and entertainment activities.
Please note: Our core business in this role is domestic assistance. During shifts you will support our clients to do cleaning tasks that they may be unable to do themselves including sweeping, mopping, making the bed and cleaning the bathroom.
The successful incumbent for this position will be required to support multiple clients per day which may require travelling to multiple different locations. Start times can be as early as 6am and end times as late as 8pm including alternate weekends.
- Housekeeping duties in line with LWB Policies and Procedures such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry, folding and ironing of clothes
- Changing of bed linen as required
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, medications, eating, toileting, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Assist the client with community access as identified on the clients care plan
- Assist the client with activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, post office and entertainment activities
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- Completed Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care/Individual & Aged Support/Disability) or similar – Desirable
- A current unrestricted drivers licence and a reliable vehicle with minimum 3rd party insurance - Essential
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate, or willingness to obtain before commencement - Essential
- Prior experience supporting working in the community with ageing clients is highly regarded
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
- Ability to work within and demonstrate the Life Without Barriers values in all interactions and tasks
- Have a mobile phone for work purposes; this will enable you to send/receive emails, access rosters, complete incident reports and access e-learning for LWB. You will need to have access to a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet which is compatible with LWB’s Company Portal.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary packaging options through Maxxia
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Permanent ongoing positions available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘SWCC Mackay’.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is Wednesday, 21st April 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend