Program Assistant. Full Time Max Term - Townsville
Job no: 496276
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Townsville & Northern QLD
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This position is required to actively support the Program Coordinators in the referral process of clients, the review of client's services, program related administration tasks including rostering client services and the management of the client data base.
The Program Assistant is required to demonstrate strong time management and prioritisation skills, the ability to establish rapport and collaborate effectively to assist teams and to achieve positive outcomes with service users. Ability to work under pressure is essential.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III/IV Aged Care or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and collaborate effectively with service users, their families and/or groups from a strength-based culturally appropriate perspective to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to use initiative and to work both individually in supporting service users and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain service user privacy and confidentiality.
- Established problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of rosters, plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Reference and suitability clearance/s required by legislation and these clearance/s maintained throughout employment.
- Demonstrated experience in Aged care, Community Care or other health related fields.
- Experience in TRACCS
- Experience with rostering
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work with a diverse group of people in a challenging and rewarding environment
- Work for a leading national not for profit organisation
- Excellent salary and benefits package available including Monthly RDO!
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading 'PA - Townsville’.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight on Wednesday 21st April 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend