Operations Manager - Child, Youth and Family. Permanent Full time - Darwin
Job no: 496262
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Excellent salary sacrificing tax benefits | A rostered day off per month
- Work within the CARE framework | Foster care and residential settings
- Degree qualification in Human Services or related discipline – essential
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with a disability to apply.
About the Role
Based at our Darwin office, we have a rare opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to lead and support the service delivery and growth of our Child, Youth and Family programs in the Northern Territory.
This role will suit someone who is highly motivated, strategic and able to quickly grasp and respond to local needs. You will have experience in the senior management of out of home care programs. You will use your business acumen and interpersonal skills to engage and work with multiple stakeholders, as well as promote LWB as a quality service provider.
Working in line with the CARE model you will support a large operational team to enhance the lives of young people in a residential setting, incorporating a therapeutic, trauma informed approach within the daily structure and purposeful programming. To find out more information on the CARE framework please follow the link https://www.lwb.org.au/our-approach/child-youth-and-family/
There is a strong emphasis on leading your team to provide a secure base for our young people within the home, liaising with culturally appropriate services, and providing opportunities for the young people to connect with the culture with which they identify.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualification in Human Services or related discipline.
- Significant management experience in a similar program (Intensive Foster Care and/or Residential).
- Demonstrated understanding of Child Protection policies and framework.
- Familiarity with TCI and the CARE principles will be highly regarded.
- A demonstrated commitment to the care and protection of children and young people.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and development.
- Advanced interpersonal/communication skills, including verbal, written and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability in time management and organisational skills.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Ability to use initiative, think laterally and strategically, and meet deadlines and produce quality work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds with specific reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Ability to manage issues, risks and contentious matters.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Excellent salary sacrificing tax benefits
- A mobile phone, laptop
- Competitive base salary + $17,500 vehicle allowance + super
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal & Entertainment benefit, novated leasing
- Travel club membership, discounted health insurance & discounted vehicle servicing to mention a few
- Relocation assistance available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For confidential enquiries including persons with disability that require application adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading 'Operations Manager NT’
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is the 28th April 2021
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend