Shared & Supported Living Coordinator
Job no: 496118
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working within our Disability team, the role of Shared & Supported Living Coordinator is to oversee the day to day running of our disability program in Ceduna.
In this role you work closely with our clients and their stakeholders, to develop and implement supports that actively meets their needs and goals. Ongoing guidance, mentoring and support to a team of Disability Support Workers is also a key responsibility of this role.
This is a full-time permanent position, Monday - Friday.
Provide after hours, on-call support on a rostered arrangement
- Engage with clients to build rapport and understand their needs, preferences and expectations.
- Advocate where required with the NDIA, support coordinators, families, guardians and other stakeholders to respond to customer changing needs or goals.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of Disability Support Workers.
- Promote a positive environment through demonstrating good communication and interpersonal skills and appropriate peer support.
- Model appropriate conflict resolution, communication and positive behaviour management skills.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Certificate IV or equivalent in Disability, Mental Health or Community and Social Services.
- Degree qualification in relevant Social and Community Services discipline (preferred)
- Current SA Driver’s License & First Aid certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting customers with complex needs.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within the disability support sector – ideally in an Accommodation support service.
- Working knowledge of the National Disability Insurance scheme (NDIS) and relevant legislation
- Demonstrated commitment to customer choice, inclusion and quality practice
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills, with the ability to build a shared understanding of, and commitment to Life Without Barriers’ Purpose and Values
- Excellent verbal, written communication and computer skills.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Worker Screening and/or DCSI/DHS Disability Services Employment Screening.
- Monthly RDO, mobile and laptop
- Attractive Remuneration Package with salary packaging benefits
- Work within a team passionate about facilitating positive changes for people
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries, including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with in the subject heading "Shared Living Coordinator, Ceduna SA"
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend