Client Support Officer (Home Care Packages). Full Time - Canberra
Job no: 496057
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As a Client Support Officer with a strong focus on case management, you will be responsible for undertaking client assessment and reviews, developing, monitoring, and reviewing service provision and goals in order to ensure the individual needs and goals of clients are met. Our ideal applicant will actively demonstrate a person-centred approach with a passion for working in the Aged Care sector specifically.
You will have previous experience in a similar role with a strong focus on Case Management, and will have an in depth understanding of Home Care Packages. This will be a full time opportunity based in our office in Griffith, Canberra ACT.
- Undertake client assessments and reviews
- Produce high quality and comprehensive client support documents
- Strong Case Management to support service development, planning and delivery, identify and achieve needs, expectations and goals of our clients
- Maintenance of referrals, client portal records and service bookings
- Manage and monitor client Home Care Package budgets, funding and expenditure
- Join one of Australia's largest Social Purpose Organisations
- Competitive remuneration with access to our fantastic Salary Packaging benefits through MAXXIA
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Rewarding role with purpose in the Community Services industry
Skills & Experience
- Cert 3 or 4 in Human Services, Aged Care, Community Services or similar
- Experience in a similar role with a strong focus on Case Management
- Case Management qualifications are highly desired however not mandatory
- Working knowledge of Home Care Packages
- Experience in delivering services to a wide range of clients, especially within Aged Care
- Knowledge of and ability to apply person-centred thinking
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Strong communication, time management & IT skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear relevant state-based probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Brooke Niass at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 21st April 2021 (AEST)
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend