Disability Development & Support Officer (DDSO1/1Q) - Part Time - Montmorency - VDAS (496050)
Job no: 496050
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Melbourne, Epping
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 7,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
Role & House Profile
Working as part of the house team you will be assisting in facilitation and delivery of quality services to achieve positive outcomes with and for the 3 male clients and 1 female client within the house. You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s including personal care. One resident has a diagnosis of dementia and please be aware that there is a cat in the house in case of allergies. The residents in this house are very capable and absolutely lovely, it is a great place to work. One resident has a diagnosis of dementia and please be aware that there is a cat in the house in case of allergies. This is a great opportunity to join a positive and supportive team assisting clients achieve positive outcomes in terms of skills, decision making and independence.
The rostered shifts FN1 38hr/ FN2 42hr fortnightly splits includes 8 sleep overs in each 4-week cycle, every other weekend off and a mix of morning, afternoon and evening shifts. Great opportunity to join a positive and supportive team assisting clients achieve positive outcomes in terms of skills, decision making and independence.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience as a disability support worker supporting clients within a similar setting
- Sound understanding and knowledge of NDIS
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent residency status is an essential requirement for consideration for this position
- Demonstrated compliance with full NDIS requirements for Disability Support Workers
- A role that is stimulating, rewarding and uniquely satisfying
- Work in a supportive team making a positive impact in the lives of clients actively living with a disability, achieving inspiring individual goals and helping them live life to the fullest
- Award rate remuneration plus full salary sacrificing benefits
How to Apply : Ref Job 496050 via the LWB Current Vacancies at https://lwb.org.au/careers including your resume and covering letter in one document and click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at midnight on 19th May 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend