Youth Worker. Part Time - Rockhampton
Job no: 496023
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability experience to apply.
About the Role
- Permanent part-time positions available
- 16 - 76 hours a fortnight
- $31.75 per hour base rate + weekend penalties + sick & annual leave
Working in line with the CARE model you will strive to enhance the lives of children and young people in our Child, Youth & Family programs incorporating a therapeutic, trauma informed approach. The Youth Worker provides direct care and mentoring of children and/or young people with a wide range of responsibility for specialised program activities, child/young person development and supervision, and promotion of a safe environment. To find out more information on the CARE framework please follow the link: https://www.lwb.org.au/our-approach/child-youth-and-family/
Please note: our residential services in Rockhampton run a 24/7 roster model and the successful candidates will be required to work weekends, sleepovers, and public holidays.
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
Skills & Experience
- You must have obtained or be willing to work towards your Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (or similar). If you are unsure if you meet these minimum qualification standards, please visit https://peakcare.com.au/hopehealing/min-quals-res-care/
- Knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander issues / protocols and those pertaining to Child, Youth & Family and child protection.
- Valid Full Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification (or willingness to obtain prior to commencement)
- Complete Hope and Healing Framework Foundations prior to starting (we will enrol you in this if successful)
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Permanent part time position
- Salary packaging tax benefits, meal Entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Ongoing training and mentorship
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zina at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “YW Rockhampton”. Please note that we do not accept applicants to this email address, they must be submitted online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 28th March 2021.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend