Aged Care Worker. Casual - Broome
Job no: 496020
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Broome & Kimberley
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7,500 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Life Without Barriers supports our aging community to remain living independently within their own home. Aged Care Workers at Life Without Barriers work as a team to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with clients in a positive and proactive environment.
We are looking to employ Aged Care Workers to support aged clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of personal care, domestic assistance and social support.
We offer casual positions (with permanent contracts also available) with ongoing development, regular supervision and future career opportunities. The roles involves multiple shifts between 6.00am and 21.00pm (including weekends) in the Broome area.
**Please be aware that you will be working in client's own homes. You will be required to have your own car and travel between client homes in your local area. (Kilometres between clients reimbursed on a fortnightly basis unless a split shift)**
- Assist clients to maintain a clean home environment by completing basic domestic chores as indicated in the clients care plan.
- Support clients in attending social activities and appointments.
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, eating, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan.
- Establish a rapport and collaborate effectively with clients and their families or carers.
- Attend, participate and contribute to all team meetings and supervision meetings.
- Maintain and update professional skills by actively participating in training opportunities.
- Administer basic first aid as required.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support in Home and Community Care, Aged Care (or working towards)
- A current unrestricted drivers’ licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
How to Apply
Include your resume and cover letter, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend