Disability Support Worker. Casual - Nowra
Job no: 496014
Employment type: Casual
Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Categories: Disability, Aged Care, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Working as a Disability Support Worker across our Supported Independent Living accommodation in Nowra, you will provide daily living support to our clients living with disabilities. This opportunity is an altruistic way for locals to give back to their community and make a difference as a front-line worker.
Strong applicants will be dedicated, values oriented, and people focused. More specifically, they will understand the rights of our clients and assist them to live independently and achieve their goals. Due to the nature of the services we provide, we also ask that applicants are available for a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster: including active nights and weekends.
- We are an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- An hourly rate from $35.51 + super and frequent penalty rates
- The opportunity to make a difference in Australia's largest social purpose organisation
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Follow individual support plans, behaviour support plans and health care plans
- Participate in community activities within a Supported Independent Living environment
- Maintain and monitor a client’s person-centred support plan
- Identify and support a range of learning opportunities for our clients
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough note keeping
Skills & Experience
- A valid unrestricted NSW drivers licence
- Demonstrated ability to use basic technology and software
- A current First Aid Certificate as per NDIS requirements
- Experience using initiative and working both individually and as part of a team
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state-based probity checks; including a National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 7th of March 2021 (AEDT).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend