Disability Development & Support Officer (DDSO1/1Q) - Full Time - Burwood East - VDAS
Job no: 495998
Employment type: Full Time
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 7,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
In 2021 are you seeking
- A career that is stimulating, rewarding and uniquely satisfying with a path for further development and personal growth
- Work in a supportive team environment, making a positive impact in the lives of clients actively living with a disability and support them to achieve the goals that matter to them
- A position which offers stability in a sector which is evolving and consistently looking to be more responsive to our clients’ needs by being creative, respectful and courageous
As a Disability Development and Support Officer (DDSO1/1Q) in this residential home in Burwood East, you will be responsible for providing support for people with disabilities, across their life cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a life of dignity, respect and social inclusion in the least restrictive environment
You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s including personal care. In this role you will work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for the client within the house. This role involves working with clients with reduced mobility with some behaviours of concern. This role has no sleepovers or active nights and will involve some manual handling.
The house profile: This house is situated in Burwood East, surrounded by parks, cafes and amenities. Assistance and support are required with meal planning and preparation, domestic chores and community access. The 4 residents enjoy a range of activities both within the house and in the community.
This is a full-time ongoing position, the roster details outlined as fortnightly hours is detailed below:
- Fortnight 1: 73:30 hours
- Fortnight 2: 78:30 hours
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house
- Develop planned activities in line with policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services and external services to help meet client needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review a range of client support plans, with oversight from senior staff, using knowledge of client need, preferences and interests
- Provide quality direct support to clients in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including Individual Plans
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Ability to apply behaviour management strategies in a complex environment
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Attractive Remuneration Package with salary packaging benefits
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
Applications close Midnight 9th March 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend