Disability Support Worker. Casual - Hurstville and Surrounds
Job no: 495991
Employment type: Casual
Categories: Disability, Aged Care, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Working as a Disability Support Worker across our accommodation and respite services in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, you will be providing support to our clients living with disability. This opportunity is an altruistic way for locals to give back to their community and make a difference as a front-line worker.
We are looking for people who are dedicated, values oriented, and people focused. More specifically, we need people who understand the rights of our clients and have demonstrated experience supporting people with disabilities. Due to the nature of the services we provide, we also ask that applicants are available for a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster: including active nights and weekends. This role also requires the incumbent to consistently engage with personal care, mobility assistance, feeding regimes and individual support plans.
If you live close to Beverley Park, Bexley, Kensington, Mascot, Riverwood, or South Hurstville, this could be the job for you! We look forward to seeing what skills you can bring to the team and how your passion can help us deliver a service that will encourage our clients to thrive.
- Join an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity, and equality
- An hourly rate starting from $35.51 per hour + super and penalty rates
- Maxxia salary packaging benefits & employee discounts
- On-going training opportunities within a supportive team environment
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Welfare or similar
- A current First Aid Certificate
- An unrestricted NSW Driver’s Licence
- The ability to work flexibly around a 24/7 roster, including active night shifts
- The confidence to maintain service user privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and engaging with low and high support clients
- Proven success managing and monitoring challenging behaviours
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Follow individual support plans, behaviour support plans and health care plans
- Encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Participate in community activities within a Supported Independent Living environment
- Maintain and monitor a client’s person-centred support plan
- Identify and support a range of learning opportunities for our clients
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record keeping
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 7th of March 2021 (AEDT).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend