Residential Youth Worker (Significant Disability). Casual – Western Sydney
Job no: 495916
Employment type: Casual
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Provide therapeutic care and support to children and young people with significant disability and backgrounds of trauma in a 24/7 residential care setting based in Western Sydney.
Casual positions available, successful candidates will require flexibility to work across various shifts on a 24/7 roster which may include sleepovers and weekends.
- Provide daily care and supervision to children and young people
- Encourage community engagement to support and increase life skills
- Implement and monitor individual care plans, including medication, hygiene, and meal management
- Support the involvement of family
- Assist with personal care, manual handling, and hoist use
- Apply a therapeutic care approach and therapeutic crisis intervention (TCI) system
- Maintain progress notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar or willingness to obtain
- Candidates with relevant experience who are working towards a relevant Diploma will be considered
- Experience working with Children and Young People with trauma backgrounds
- Confidence working with challenging behaviours
- Experience in working with people with disability
- Ability to assist with activities of daily living including personal care
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Unrestricted NSW Driver's Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Casual hourly rate from $39.69 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
- Salary packaging benefits
- Flexible working hours with casual positions available
- Ongoing training and support
- Career development opportunities nationally
- Work for one of Australia’s leading social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. If you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 20th of June, 2021 (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend