Residential Youth Worker (Significant Disability). Casual – Colyton
Job no: 495916
Employment type: Casual
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Join our team in Colyton (Western Sydney) as a Residential Youth Worker (Significant Disability) on a casual basis, working directly with Young People with trauma background and significant disability in a 24/7 residential setting with fortnightly rotating rosters which may include active night shifts and weekend shifts.
The successful candidate will have experience working with Children and Young People with trauma background and disabilities, ideally with previous experience in and an understanding of providing best support to Children and Young People with intellectual disability and challenging behaviours in a residential youth worker role or similar.
- Provide day to day care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and encourage community engagement whilst increasing competencies of young people
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Follow medication, hygiene and meal management plans
- Crisis intervention management
- Personal care
- Lifting/manual handling
- Support the involvement of family
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar
- Experience in working with people with a disability and or Young People
- Experience working with complex behaviours
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights) throughout the week
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Hourly rate from $31.31 per hour + superannuation (dependent on qualifications)
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 10th of March, 2021 (AEST)
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend