Job no: 495764
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
Categories: Child, Youth & Family, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 7,500 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We partner with people (including those with a disability, in out of home care, experiencing homelessness, drug and alcohol misuse, who may suffer mental illness, are refugees and older persons) to change lives for the better.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Alcohol and Other Drugs Program, Next Steps
LWB delivers Assertive Outreach Alcohol and Other Drug services for people with identifiable alcohol and/or other drug dependency who have previously not engaged with services. The service aims to help build the skills and resilience of family members who are seeking to support a loved one. Next Steps finds effective ways to engage people in their treatment, with a focus on accessing local support. The goal is to set up ongoing community support for people post the trial end date to give people the best chance of recovery.
Next Steps is funded by the Commonwealth and coordinated through DASSA and is available in
- Metro Location: Onkaparinga region
- Regional Location: Port Augusta
About the role
We have a challenging opportunity available for a Registered Nurse with Leadership experience to lead this service in Port Augusta.
This role is responsible for leadership and provision of clinical expertise in the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team. There is a requirement for the role to provide education, innovative and flexible health solutions, and clinical interventions to clients in an assertive outreach community-based setting.
The role coordinates and delivers a range of supports that reflect the individual’s complex, and co-morbid needs and goals as described in their individual treatment plans.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated professional who has experience of working with clients with alcohol and other drug concerns and managing a multidisciplinary team.
This is a full-time position until 30 June 2022 based in Port Augusta.
In addition to the above, other responsibilities of this role are:
- Build a positive team environment for a newly created team and program
- Build positive therapeutic relationships with clients and their significant others
- Undertake assessments and follow up nursing care as appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure confidentiality and appropriate use of information to provide safe and efficient delivery of client care.
Skills & Experience
- Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Certificate IV in AOD (desirable)
- Current SA Drivers licence
- Experience leading and working in a senior capacity in a multidisciplinary team from an assertive outreach framework, and or drug and alcohol counselling, education advocacy or support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide information and educational activities to the community on issues associated with drugs and alcohol and relevant comorbidities.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Established problem solving and conflict management skills.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work within a team passionate about facilitating positive changes for people
- Monthly RDO and great salary packaging benefits
- Ongoing training, support and career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter combined in one document, click 'Apply' and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with in the subject heading ‘Registered Nurse Christies Beach’
Position closes on Sunday 31 January 2021
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend