Aged Care Support Worker. Casual - Mackay
Job no: 495760
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Categories: Aged Care
- $35.51 per hour + Super + penalty rates
- Current First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain one prior to commencement
- A current unrestricted Australian drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle required
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Due to significant growth in our Community Care offering, we currently have multiple positions available in Mackay to work in our brand new QCSS program. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to actively support the needs of people under the age of 65 that have a disability but are not covered by the NDIS.
We have three casual positions available, with an opportunity to move into Permanent Part-time position. Shift work is Monday to Friday (shifts start as early as 7am), however there may be some weekend work and sleepover shifts from time to time.
Please note: Our core business is domestic assistance. During shifts you will support our clients to do cleaning tasks that they may be unable to do themselves including sweeping, mopping, making the bed and cleaning the bathroom.
- Housekeeping duties in line with LWB Policies and Procedures such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry and folding of clothes
- Changing of linen as required
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, eating, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Assist the client with community access as identified on the clients care plan
- Assist the client with activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, post office and entertainment
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III (or higher) in Individual Support, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability (essential)
- A current drivers licence and reliable vehicle (essential)
- A current First Aid Certificate, or willingness to obtain before commencement (essential)
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
- Ability to work within and demonstrate the Life Without Barriers values in all interactions and tasks
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Permanent ongoing positions available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Aged Care Support Worker Mackay’.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight Sunday 31st January, 2020.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend