Disability Support Worker. Casual - Central Coast (NSW Central)
Job no: 495758
Employment type: Casual
Location: Gosford & Central Coast
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Working with our Supported Independent Living Team on the Central Coast, you will join a welcoming team and support clients with complex medical needs, dual diagnosis and behaviours of concern within shared accommodation. Successful applicants will be resilient, reliable and have demonstrated experience supporting people with disability.
As our clients required 24/7 support, it is important that you are available to work a variety of shifts including night shifts and weekends.
- Provide person-centred support in line with client’s individual support plans
- Participate in community activities and encourage clients to perform daily living tasks
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough record keeping
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and their families
Skills & Experience
- An unrestricted New South Wales driver’s licence
- A current First Aid Certificate
- Completion of the NDIS Orientation Module
- Commitment to a 24/7 roster, including night shifts & weekends
- Experience supporting people with disability in a professional or personal capacity
Successful candidates will be required to clear all state based probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and NDIS Workers Screening Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Hayley Nash at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend