Provisional Behaviour Support Practitioner - Fixed Term February 2022
Job no: 495753
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness.
We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
About the role
As a Provisional Behaviour Support Practitioner (PBSB), with the support of the Senior Practitioner and other team members you will be responsible for developing interim and comprehensive behaviour support plans and supporting people with behaviours of concern. This will encompass assessing, designing, evaluating and monitoring behaviour support plans and interventions for individuals accessing Life Without Barriers programs. The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of legislative requirements regarding restrictive practices and will work with peers and teams to ensure these are implemented and reported on appropriately.
With the guidance of the Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner, the position supports operational staff with implementing Behaviour Support Plan strategies for clients and will collaborate and engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, resulting in positive outcomes for the people we support.
This FIXED TERM role will support the Senior Practitioner in ensuring compliance with all reporting requirements both externally and internally. The role will include some travel, shared time of service support and under COVID restrictions is currently home based with a central office post covid to be defined upon successful outcome.
- Work in partnership with teams to implement and promote best practice in service delivery drawing on evidence-based practices e.g. Person-Centred Active Support (PCAS) and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Deliver Behaviour Support services that are timely, efficient and effective, ensuring they meet the goals identified by the client and their families/carers and are provided within available resources.
- Complete functional behaviour assessment (including data collation and analysis of risk) and behaviours of concern to develop comprehensive behaviour support plans for people with complex needs including disability, dual diagnosis and mental ill health
- Work within the Victorian Regulatory requirements and NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission requirements.
- Support and provide practice guidance, training and coaching to staff especially those supporting people we support with complex needs and behaviours of concern
- Complete analysis of data under the direction of the Senior Practitioner and support the completion of reports written for both internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Behaviours Sciences / Applied Behavioural Analysis, Human Services, Social Sciences WITH
- Understanding and experience in Adult Disability Accommodation Services highly desirable
- Experience in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of client support services in supporting people with behaviours of concern and experience in completing functional behavioural assessments and developing behaviour support plans
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice, support, coaching, mentoring and training to managers and staff with regards to PCAS and PBS
- Exposure and understanding of the reporting requirements of the Disability Act 2006, regarding restrictive practices and an understanding of the NDIS Commission Behaviour Support and Restrictive Practices requirements
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders – clients, families, support staff and external professionals alike
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at midnight on 28.01.2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend