Disability Support Workers
Job no: 495738
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are seeking Disability Support Workers to join our Lifestyle Supports Team in Canberra and surrounds.
In this position, you will be required to actively support our clients to live independently through the provision of daily living support including: personal care, domestic duties, mentorship, assistance with medications and empowering them to achieve their individual goals. You will be providing this support to our clients 1:1 within their home environment or in a community setting.
Successful applicants will have flexible availability for individual shifts ranging from 1 to 3 hours per session across a rotating Monday to Sunday roster (7am to 10pm). This is a community based role where you are required to travel to clients homes/community locations throughout the day to complete your sessions.
- Social support and mentorship, always maintaining a person-centred approach
- Transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping and social activities
- Personal care including showering, grooming and dressing assistance
- Housekeeping and domestic assistance including cooking, household cleaning and laundry assistance
- Administer basic first aid and manual handling as required
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III Disability, Community Services or similar OR relevant work experience & willingness to complete required qualification within first 2 years of employment
- Current & Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Your own reliable vehicle for work with full comprehensive insurance
- Current First Aid Certificate (Statement of Attainment)
- Sound computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to client support plans and complete documentation
- Commitment to providing quality support, customer choice and inclusion
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and ACT Working with Vulnerable People Check.
- Start a rewarding career with one of Australia's largest Social Purpose Organisations
- Competitive remuneration from $28.41 per hour + Super + Casual Loading as per award
- Industry leading onboarding program and ongoing training available
- Supportive and positive team culture
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Brooke Niass at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 10th February 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend