Aged Care Coordinator. Part Time, Max Term - Broome
Job no: 495603
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
Location: Broome & Kimberley
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7,500 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The Aged Care Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of Aged Care services provided by LWB in Broome and across the Kimberley as well as providing additional support to the Disability Team. These services include in home support services and community based supports.
This role works from our Broome office and is being offered 4 days a week or 5 days in school hours (between Monday to Friday) for a period of 12 months. There is possibility of extension.
- Undertake comprehensive consumer assessment and care planning with a focus on wellness and re-ablement.
- Support service intake, eligibility, assessment and transition.
- Provide leadership, modelling and mentoring for staff members
- Facilitate recruitment, induction and orientation of staff
- Network and liaise to maximise service utilisation and growth.
- Identify and facilitate staff training at a level that meets service and legislative requirements.
- Participate in regular individual supervision, performance reviews and team reflective practice sessions.
- Co-ordinate practical service delivery matters including transport, procurement and contribution processing.
- Undertake rostering of team members ensuring that consumers have the appropriate care.
- Provide after hours on call support to teams
Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in disability, aged care, nursing, or a related field (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience of working with frail elderly, people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and understanding of issues facing people with multiple and complex issues
- Demonstrated experience in coordination and delivery of quality aged care in a community setting
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of case management including comprehensive assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of services for frail elderly, people with dementia and their carers, people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating and maintain partnerships with service providers and health professionals
- Experience with rostering and supervising staff and being an effective leader to staff members in multiple programs across multiple locations
- Current driving license
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work in a challenging and rewarding role
- Competitive salary with excellent tax benefits through salary packaging
- Supportive team and career progression opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 28th Feb
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend