Community Support Worker, Mental Health. Permanent Part Time - Broome
Job no: 495570
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Broome & Kimberley
Categories: Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are looking for a part-time Community Support Worker to join our Individualised Community Living Strategy (ICLS) program providing outreach support to clients accessing the service though LWB in Broome.
The service is for clients with a mental illness diagnosis who are eligible for housing support. The role of the Community Support Worker is to help the client to access their local services and to maximise their success in recovery while living in the community.
The role will be offered on a part-time basis and there is the option to pick up additional shifts. Shift time will be between the hours of 9:00am and 1:00pm, 3-4 times a week.
- Support the consumer to increase their ability to fully participate in their ongoing clinical and psycho social support needs
- Assist consumers to develop their skills to self-manage their lifestyle and well-being
- Develop and maintain formal and effective partnerships with specialist mental health services
- Work to consumers individualised plans and track progress inline with funding requirements
- Administration and record keeping
Skills & Experience
- Qualification in Mental Health or relevant Community Services or Allied Health qualification
- Experience working with people with mental illness or psycho social disability
- Passionate about client outcomes and mental health advocacy
- High computer literacy and administration skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current valid drivers licence and reliable vehicle
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Salary packaging to reduce your taxable income by up to $15,899
- Career development and training
- Work for a Leading Disability and Mental Health Service
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend