Advanced Disability Support Worker (DDSO2A) - FT- Bundoora - VDAS (495568)
Job no: 495568
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
Life Without Barriers offers prospective employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space. As an organisation at the forefront of the sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation we currently employee 7,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
In 2021 are you looking for:
- A career that is stimulating, rewarding and uniquely satisfying with a path for further development and personal growth
- Work in supportive teams making a positive impact in the lives of clients actively living with a disability, achieving inspiring individual goals and helping them live life to the fullest
- A position which offers stability in a sector which is evolving and consistently looking to be more responsive to our clients’ needs by being creative, respectful, courageous and enabling them to achieve outcomes that matter to them.
As an Advanced Disability Support Officer in this residential home in Bundoora you will be responsible for 2IC support to the House Supervisor by providing leadership and guidance to staff and direct client support to a mixed resident group.
The house profile: Working to facilitate the delivery of high quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for, this mixed house (2 male and 3 females) with high level physical support needs including: manual handling, personal care, some clients are visually impaired and all are non-verbal. The residents support needs vary in terms of levels of independence and support in terms of personal care, medication management and behavioural support required. The residents enjoy engaging with staff and visitors, outings for meals and coffee, visits to parks and the beach and participating in Day Programs and 1:1 support.
The team are experienced staff and are ready and willing to provide positive mentoring support.
The Roster line is days/evenings with no sleepover or active nights requirements. Every second weekend off Sat/Sun. The fortnightly splits are 75 hours/ 77 hours.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working in group homes with a similar client frame
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation
- Great communication skills
- A hands-on leader and team player with positive behaviour support experience and leadership capabilities able to actively promote and provide best practice support to clients whilst supervising and mentoring other team members.
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification - candidates currently studying for this qualification may be considered depending upon experience.
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Full driver’s licence
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is an essential pre-requisite
- Demonstrated compliance with NDIS requirements for Disability Support Workers
- Awards based package with FULL SALARY SACRIFICING BENEFITS
- Forward thinking supportive team
- Career progression opportunities for the future
To Apply: Search Job Ref 495668 Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com. Applications will close at midnight on 9th March 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend