Residential Youth Worker (Interim Care). Part Time and Casual - Campbelltown/Glenmore Park
Job no: 495510
Employment type: Casual, Full Time, Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Part time and casual positions available at either Campbelltown or Glenmore Park, providing therapeutic care and support to up to 4 children and young people in our short-term transitional care program. Your primary responsibility will be to provide therapeutic support and care and promote a safe environment in which you will support them to develop a range of skills.
Successful candidates will have a Diploma or Certificate in community services or similar and a strong understanding of trauma and its impacts on children and young people as well as flexibility to work across various shifts on a 24/7 fortnightly rotating roster which may include sleepovers and weekends.
- Promote a safe home-like environment through day to day care, supervision and nurturing of children and young people
- Actively participate in activities with and increase competencies of young people
- Assist with personal care, transportation requirements, and household tasks as required by individual care plans
- Assist to minimise conflict in the home , de-escalate and respond to incidents that may occur
- Report writing and maintenance of regular notes
- Support communication with and the involvement of family and significant others
Skills & Experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Community Services / Youth work and OR experience in the Out of Home Care Sector
- Sound understanding and experience working with children and young people who have experienced complex trauma and separation from family
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A current NSW driver licence
- Flexible hours with casual and part time positions available
- Be part of the implementation of a new program within Life Without Barriers
- Ongoing training, support and career development opportunities
- Hourly rate from $28.83 + super + salary packaging benefits
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 10th of March, 2021 (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend