Disability Development & Support Officer - Doncaster East 1Q, PT ongoing
Job no: 495425
Employment type: Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, client focussed & qualified Disability Support Worker to join our team in the Suburb of Doncaster East. You will be working in a Part Time ongoing position and will be actively involved in supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of Individual Care plans for clients with behaviours of concern & differing support needs. Within these guidelines and frameworks, you will work to facilitate the delivery of high-quality services to achieve positive outcomes for clients in a safe environment offering as much independence as possible. The house has clients with varying support needs requiring structure, routine and consistency.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the programs they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan
- Increase the service users’ skills through independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities
To be successful in this role you will possess the following;
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Cert IV Qualified in Disability, Community Welfare or similar
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years. A Working with Children Check is also required (where relevant to the role) and a current Victorian Driver's Licence is essential.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries (NOT APPLICATIONS) including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact John on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 3rd December 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability.
We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend