Residential Youth Worker. Permanent Part Time & Casual - Western Sydney
Job no: 495406
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Sydney, Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Joining our team in Western Sydney as a Residential Youth Worker you will work directly with a young person living in a 24/7 residential care setting. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a change in a Young Person's life.
The successful candidate will be expected to work across a 24/7 rotating fortnightly roster which may include active nights, weekends and public holiday shifts.
- Provide day to day therapeutic care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and increase competencies of young people
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
- Support the involvement of family
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar
- Candidates with relevant experience and willingness to obtain a diploma will be considered
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights)
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working with young people with complex trauma histories
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Hourly rate from $31.31 per hour (dependent on qualifications) + super + salary packaging benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Monday the 30th of November, 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend