House Manager (Intensive Therapeutic Care). Permanent Full Time – Western Sydney
Job no: 495404
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working as part of our Child, Youth and Family leadership team in Western Sydney as an Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) House Manager, the successful candidate will have strong leadership and people management experience, ideally within an ITC setting and will be responsible for providing supervision and rostering to staff and establishing a safe homelike environment for the children and young people in care.
You will have previous experience working with children and young people who have significant trauma and be passionate about addressing the impacts of abuse, neglect, complex trauma and separation from families on children and young people in care.
- Mange, support and provide reflective supervision to a team of Therapeutic Support Workers
- Be actively present in the home environment, and provide role modelling, coaching and mentoring for staff in applying the principles of the CARE model to all interactions with children and young people and families
- Model and support staff to apply the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) system to prevent, de-escalate and respond to crisis incidents involving children and young people
- Build professional, trusting relationships with children and young people
- Oversee and participate in the planning and implementation of purposeful activities and routines which support and increase the life skills of the children and young people in our care
- Manage the Intensive Therapeutic Care Home in accordance with the CARE model, legislation, relevant standards, LWB policies and procedures and funding body requirements
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Diploma working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team
- Experience in the co-ordination of a 24-hour residential services for vulnerable people
- Experience working with children and young people who have experienced trauma and disadvantage
- Commitment to complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Training and be assessed as TCI competent within the probationary period
- Current First Aid Certificate
- An unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Monthly rostered days off
- Receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Permanent, full time role in one of Australia’s largest and leading social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Monday the 30th of November
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend