Advanced Disability Development & Support Officer (DDSO2A) FT Bundoora VDAS (495393)
Job no: 495393
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
If your personal goals for 2021 are to have a stimulating and rewarding career read on.
We are currently looking to recruit an Advanced Disability Support Officer for this team in Bundoora a beautiful group home in which to work with a supportive and positive team working to assist and support the improvement in clients BOC, health and well-being.
You will be responsible for 2IC support to the House Supervisor by providing leadership and guidance to staff and direct client support to a small mixed resident base, in a great house offering a front-line career pathway to build on your qualifications and further develop leadership and client management skills.
The house profile: this is the home of (4 male and 1 female – ages 37 - 66 yrs.). The residents are all ambulant, have very good receptive skills and most have good verbal communication skills. Most are independent in terms of personal care and complete personal hygiene, toileting and dressing skills independently. Assistance and support are required with meal planning and preparation, domestic chores and community access. Some have diet and medically managed diabetes/cholesterol issues so are encouraged to follow a healthy diet etc. The residents enjoy a range of activities including walks, cafes, restaurants, parks/gardens, shopping, music, arts and crafts, gardening.
This is a full-time ongoing position and the roster line 71.30/80.30 hrs fortnightly split includes a variation of Longer Day Shifts, Afternoon/Evenings with no sleepovers or active nights and two weekends off per roster.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Proven experience working in group homes with a strong client focus with genuine enthusiasm and imagination
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation
- Great leadership and communication skills
- A hands-on leader and team player with positive behaviour support experience and leadership capabilities able to actively promote and provide best practice support to clients whilst supervising and mentoring other team members.
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent higher level disability/Social Work related qualification candidates currently studying for this qualification may be considered depending upon experience.
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Full driver’s licence
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency is essential
- Demonstrated compliance with NDIS requirements for Disability Support workers
To Apply: attach your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com. Applications close Midnight 21.04.2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend