Residential Youth Worker. Permanent Part Time and Casual - Mororo, NSW
Job no: 495389
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Coffs Harbour & North Coast, Lismore & Far North Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Joining our team in Mororo, NSW (part of the Clarence Valley, in between Lismore and Grafton, only 25 minutes from Yamba) as a Residential Youth Worker you will work directly with young people living in a 24/7 residential care setting.
The successful candidate will hold a Diploma of Community Services, Youth Work or similar, (or a relevant Cert IV workings towards the Diploma) have experience working with Young people with trauma background and a strong understanding of the impacts of abuse, neglect, separation, and trauma on young people.
- Provide day to day therapeutic care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and increase competencies of young people
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
- Support the involvement of family
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar
- Candidates with a relevant Certificate IV or relevant work experience who are working towards a Diploma will be considered
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights)
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working with young people with complex trauma histories
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Hourly rate from $31.75 per hour (dependent on qualifications) + super + salary packaging benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 10th of March (AEST).
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend