Team Leader - Permanent Full Time - Dubbo
Job no: 495383
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Dubbo & Central NSW
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Working within our Shared & Supported Independent Living team, this role is responsible for coordinating the day to day running of Shared & Supported Living Sites (Group Homes) that support clients with varying types of disability.
In this role, you will focus on ensuring the individual needs of our clients are met, whilst maintaining an efficient and safe working environment for our staff. You will also provide ongoing guidance, mentoring and training to a team of Disability Support Workers to ensure that a high standard of support and care for our clients is achieved.
We are looking for someone who is resilient and confident in managing a team, strongly aligns to our values and has significant experience working with clients with mental health and challenging behaviours.
- Provide direct assistance and support to people with disability including those who present with complex support needs and behaviours of concern
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of support services
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders; including clients, families and guardians
- Provide ongoing guidance, mentoring and training to a team of Disability Support Workers
- Complete documentation and administrative tasks including the regular review of client services agreements and individual plans
- Coordinate rostering and timesheet requirements according to individual supports needs and service funding
Skills & Experience
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services or equivalent experience
- Current NSW Drivers Licence & First Aid Certificate
- Experience supporting clients with complex needs, behaviours of concern and mental health is essential
- Strong understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Hayley Nash at email@example.com.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 29th November 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend