Disability Support Worker - Albury
Job no: 495342
Employment type: Casual
Location: Albury Wodonga & Murray
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Working as a Casual Disability Support Worker in Albury, you will be providing support to our clients with disability by assisting them to live independently and achieve their goals.
The successful applicant will have experience supporting clients with behaviours of concern as well as confidence handling personal care, medication and domestic duties. In this Shared & Supported Living environment we also require the successful candidate to be available for a range of shifts across a 24/7 roster; this includes active night shifts and weekends.
- Follow individual support plans, behaviour support plans and health care plans
- Participate in community activities within a Supported Independent Living environment
- Maintain and monitor a client’s person-centred support plan
- Identify and support a range of learning opportunities for our clients
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Individual Support, Community Welfare or willingness to obtain
- A current First Aid Certificate
- An unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence
- The ability to work flexibly around a 24/7 roster, including active night shifts
- The confidence to maintain service user privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and engaging with low and high support clients
- Proven success managing and monitoring challenging behaviours
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and NSW Working with Children Check.
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- An hourly rate from $28.41 per hour + super and penalty rates
- On-going training opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Brooke Niass at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Friday 29th January 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend