House Manager - Intensive Therapeutic Care, Significant Disability - Permanent Full Time - Central Coast
Job no: 495307
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Gosford & Central Coast
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a House Manager for our Intensive Therapeutic Care – Significant Disability home, you will lead and mentor a team of youth workers in providing purposeful, trauma informed care and support to children and young people with significant disability, trauma background and complex behaviours in a 24/7 residential setting.
- Demonstrate strong leadership in mange, support and provide reflective supervision to a team of Therapeutic Support Workers
- Be actively present in the home environment, and provide role modelling for staff
- Demonstrate understanding in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) system
- Oversee the planning and implementation of therapeutic care plan for the children and young people in our care.
- Manage the home in accordance with the CARE model, legislation, relevant standards, LWB policies and procedures and funding body requirements
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Diploma working towards a relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team in relevant industry
- Understanding in the co-ordination of a 24-hour residential services for vulnerable people.
- Experience working with children and young people who have experienced trauma and disadvantage.
- Experience working with people with Disability and an understanding of the NDIS and funding packages.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- A current driver’s licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Monthly rostered days off
- Receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax free through salary packaging benefits
- Permanent, full time role in one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Rebecca Chan at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 29th of November, 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend