Carer Practice Manager Children, Youth & Family. Parental Leave cover - Leederville
Job no: 495298
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Contract January 2021- October 2021
- Tool of Trade vehicle
- One Rostered Day Off each month
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,500+ employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The Carer Practice Manager will provide leadership in building the ‘Carer Experience’ through leading a team of staff whose focus is the induction of new carers into LWB and to support the transition of newly approved carers to a variety of care placement support teams. The Carer Practice Manager will coordinate services including recruitment, assessment, training, approval and support of applicant Carers. This is a full-time position covering 8 months of Parental Leave based at our office in Leederville. Minimal travel to Regional areas is required.
- Provide supervision and support to a multi-disciplinary team to deliver quality outcomes for children, young people, adults and their families and carers
- Lead the team to complete quality carer assessments, training and reviews in accordance with LWB policy and practice models
- Work co-operatively with the Marketing team to advertise and the Central Enquiry Team to ensure effective management of carer engagement , recruitment, supervision and support
- Ensure intake and placement matching systems are in place. Liase with other internal teams such as Clinical and Operation teams to ensure services are coordinated
- Produce reports when required in relation to the work completed within the team
- Be the central point of contact for the National projects and Carer Enquiry team and maintain a good working relationship with them
- Embed the CARE approach locally by leading a multi-disciplinary service delivery team to provide, monitor and promote quality practice and continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Work in partnership and cooperatively with the Practice and Quality Team to ensure quality and consistency of practice across the organisation
- Monitor, coach, support, motivate and develop team members to enable them to deliver to the best of their ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated management experience , skills and knowledge in child protection/out of home care services / family support and preservation / NDIS and Host Care
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology or a relevant human service area
- Experience in providing professional development through supervision, training, coaching and monitoring
- Experience working in a culturally sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a willingness to work and train in culturally appropriate approaches
- Current Drivers Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Attractive remuneration package plus NFP salary packaging
- Rostered day off (RDO) available once a month
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's Leading Social Purpose Organisation
- Fully maintained vehicle
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30th November
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend