Disability Support Worker. Part time & casual - Ceduna
Job no: 495246
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with a Disability.
We have multiple permanent part-time and casual positions available across our 24/7 supported residential home supporting Aboriginal men with disabilities and clients living in the community in Ceduna.
Working in a team, you will be actively supporting their individual complex needs by creating a safe environment and ensuring services are provided in a culturally appropriate way.
These roles will require successful applicants to be available and willing to work within a 24/7 roster that includes regular shift work, including night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care)
- Community Access and Transport
- Maintain and Monitor Person Centred Plans
- Documenting and Progress Note keeping
- Assist individuals to engage in cultural activities and maintain cultural connection
- Maintain high level of integrity and regard for professional boundaries, confidentiality and ability to maintain sensitive information including Aboriginal matters.
Skills & Experience
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or similar
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
- NDIS New Worker Orientation Module
- Sound understanding and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and issues affecting Aboriginal people.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and a DHS/DCSI Disability Employment clearance.
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available
- Supportive culture and team environment
How to Apply
Include your resume and cover letter, click 'Apply'. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend