Community Support Worker - Casuals for Ngatti House - Fremantle
Job no: 495177
Employment type: Casual
Categories: Child, Youth & Family, Mental Health
- Work for a Leading Social Purpose Organisation
- 2 x casual positions available
- Based in Fremantle
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Ngatti House is a residential program based in Fremantle providing community-based homeless youth services to young people between 17 and 22 years of age, who show signs and symptoms of mental illness while homeless or at risk of homelessness.
As a Community Support Worker you will provide psycho-social support services which focus on client - determination, empowerment, hope and belief that recovery from a mental illness is possible.
7.30am - 3.30pm
2.30pm - 10.30pm
10pm - 8am - active night
We are looking for staff who have a Certificate IV in Mental Health qualification and have experience supporting people with mental illness. You must also be available to cover any of the rostered shifts listed above.
- Support consumers to develop their own support plans in partnership with Life Without Barriers, Community Mental Health services and carers
- Liaise and collaborate with consumers, their community and community support agencies such as mental health, housing and other services to ensure an integrated and timely service.
- Monitor and review consumers' progress through the service and against the case plan and provide up to date progress reports to the partner organisations.
- Seek to understand consumer's expectations.
- Sensitively ascertain information about the consumer's health, family and cultural background.
- Coordinate the delivery of services to consumers and work with the client to utilise other referral agencies and services.
- Observe and accurately record the client's behaviour, needs and interactions with others.
- Maintain accurate case notes, up to date case plans and files.
- Effectively plan and organise own work effort and regularly provide feedback to the manager on their work progress.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Mental Health (minimum requirement)
- Previous experience in working with people who have a mental health issue and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from Diverse Cultural Backgrounds with specific reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Demonstrated ability to positively engage, interact and work with people who have complex needs including a psychiatric disability
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current Driver Licence
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to play a real and active part in improving the lives and well-being of clients
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 25th of October 2020
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend