About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are currently seeking to recruit a House Supervisor & Advanced Disability Support Worker for one of our residential homes in East Doncaster. The positions supervise and support house staff and services to provide support to people with disabilities, across their life cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life with dignity and respect in the least restrictive environment. Experience with Vision Impairment, complex behaviours, physical and mental health needs- including physical, medical and with some manual handling and personal care needs is essential.
About the Role
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Full-time House Supervisor and an Advanced Disability Support Worker for one of our group homes in Doncaster. This is a great opportunity to enter a front-line management role, offering a career pathway to build upon your qualifications and further your leadership and client management skills.
The Advanced Disability Support Worker role is responsible for 2IC support to the House Supervisor providing mentoring and guidance to staff and direct client support to an all-male group of 6 clients with varying complex medical, physical and behaviour support needs. This is a great opportunity to join a positive and supportive team assisting clients achieve positive outcomes in terms of skills, decision making and independence.
Taking a House Supervisor 3A position in one of our house teams, you will be required to demonstrate strong leadership qualities, have significant experience in working with clients in a small group home setting. Working with a variety of clients some with complex behaviours, medical requirements and mental health support needs, you will also have strong knowledge of relevant legislation and NDIS support knowledge as well as excellent skills in communicating effectively with a diverse group of key stakeholders.
- Lead and plan support for people with disabilities to participate in a range of life areas based on the goals of individual support plans
- Advocate on behalf of clients and their families, to support inclusion, participation and respect for rights
- Administer medication treatments and therapies or seek appropriate medical assistance according to prescribed protocols
- Work to develop and maintain team morale and effectiveness and provide day-to-day mentoring and best practice knowledge
- Be professionally accountable for autonomous decisions that impact on clients and staff, made within bounds of department policy and with management support
- Prepare detailed reports, data and notation within area of expertise or responsibility and identify areas of service improvement
Essential Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification - candidates currently studying for this qualification may be considered depending upon experience.
- ) WITH
- Demonstrated experience as a senior disability support worker supporting clients with complex needs and behaviours and health needs
- Sound understanding and knowledge of NDIS
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent residency status is an essential requirement for consideration for this position
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations with an enviable reputation in this sector
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to join an organisation where diversity and inclusion are a reality
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, and click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
Please also clearly specify which role you are applying for.
Applications close at midnight on the 30th October 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)