Team Leader – Client Engagement and Planning Team
Job no: 495168
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a new role is responsible for delivering support and supervision to the Client Engagement and Planning Team (CEPT) to ensure that all VDAS NDIS clients have a current Service Agreement that accurately reflects the services they receive from LWB and support VDAS Client Services to track and claim for the agreed service delivery.
You will develop processes and activities that enable the CEPT team to coordinate client consultation with all VDAS NDIS clients who are transitioning from state-based funding to NDIS funding. This is a full time, 12 month maximum term contract role, located in our Melbourne offices.
- Work within the principles of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and relevant legislation
- Work with VDAS staff to ensure that clients are engaged and consulted with, to develop a Service Agreement
- Support NDIS Client Engagement & Planning Officers to engage with VDAS Client Services to build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Support and upskill VDAS Operations enabling them to support NDIS clients to understand their NDIS Plan and budgets to ensure this meets their support needs and requirements
- Support CEPT staff on-boarding activities, recruitment and induction.
- Provide guidance, supervision and support to CEPT to deliver Service Agreement, Tracking and Claiming End-to-End Process and meet tight timeframes.
- Reporting and completion of service satisfaction activities
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in the health or welfare field and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in similar role and / or relevant experience in providing and improving customer support/service
- Current driver’s license
- Demonstrated coordination and leadership experience
- An excellent understanding of the principles of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and relevant legislation
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies
- Effective time management and organisational skills, well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver outcomes within agreed time frames and quality standards
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to use data bases and Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word and Excel
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- New role – 12 month maximum term contract – location Melbourne
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Great salary packaging benefits & monthly RDO
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact at email@example.com.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight AEST on Sunday 25th October 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend