Case Manager - Family Based Care. Permanent, Full Time - Hurstville
Job no: 495158
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Join our Hurstville Family Base Care team as a Case Manager on a permanent, full time basis. The Case Manger role entails, developing and implementing case plans or individual plans for children and young people in family based care. In addition, work with children, young people their families and carers to progress plans for permanency goals.
The service delivery area for this role is across the Sydney South West region. Travel within a 1-2 hour radius of the office.
- Drive the implementation and achievement of the case plan goals and plans for permanency of children and young people
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children and young people in family based care as well as their families in order to promote positive outcome
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to Foster Carers in relation to their caring for children and young people in their home
- Support and monitor placements and ensure carers participate in the case planning process and assist them to implement the strategies outlined in the case plan
- Meet with children or young people and family members to gather input for case plans and ensure their views are represented
- Manage communication with key stakeholders, internally and externally in order to achieve case plan goals
- Participate in on call roster as required
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or Human Services
- Demonstrated experience of current casework practice for children and young people
- Experience knowledge or sound understanding of permanency support pathways (adoption, restoration, guardianship, kinship care and long term foster care)
- An understanding of NDIS
- Strong written communication, client/stakeholder engagement and mediation skills
- Current NSW driver's licence
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Great tax benefits and monthly rosters days off
- Ongoing training, support and career development opportunities
- Car for personal and work use
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Erin Bye at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 25 October 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend