Case Manager (Aged Care) - Grafton
Job no: 495150
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Coffs Harbour & North Coast
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We partner with people (including those with a disability, in out of home care, experiencing homelessness, drug and alcohol misuse, who may suffer mental illness, are refugees and older persons) to change lives for the better. We value relationships, imagination, courage, responsiveness and we are respectful and caring in all our dealings.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
If you are an experienced and motivated Case Manager wanting to join a welcoming and supportive Aged Care Team in Grafton, this role could be for you!
With a focus on providing supports that meet clients individual needs to maximise their quality of life and independence in the community, day to day you will:
- Ensure care plans are monitored and reviewed on a regular and ongoing basis and in response to changes in client need
- Liaise with community-based agencies and service providers to ensure an integrated and cohesive approach to service delivery
- Provide advocacy where necessary on behalf of clients/carers
- Monitor consumer budgets in relation to program guidelines
- Provide supervision and support to Community Support Workers
- Undertake rostering of frontline team members ensuring that consumers have the appropriate care
Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in human services, nursing or related field
- Current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Experience in assessment, case management and service delivery to aged clients living in the community including people with dementia and or mental health concerns and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Demonstrated ability to work in a flexible and innovative way in responding to consumer needs
- Highly developed analytical, communication (both written and verbal) and mediation skills
- Experience in the use of brokerage services in a community setting
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts including your resume and cover letter in one document, addressing the essential skills and experience. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Hayley Nash at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 25th October 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend