Team Leader - Disability. Permanent Full Time – Baulkham Hills
Job no: 495147
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Working within our Shared & Supported Independent Living team, the Team Leader is responsible for coordinating the day to day running of 2 Shared & Supported Living Sites which may support up to 10 clients with varying types of disability.
This successful applicant will focus on ensuring the individual needs of our clients are met, whilst maintaining an efficient and safe working environment for our staff. The role involves providing ongoing guidance, mentoring and training to a team of Disability Support Workers to ensure that a high standard of support and care for our clients is achieved.
The successful applicant will be based in our Baulkham Hills office and given a Tool of Trade vehicle to appropriately support both their Shared & Supported Living Sites.
- Provide direct assistance and support to people with disability including those who may present with complex support needs and behaviours of concern
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of support services
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders; including clients, families and guardians
- Provide ongoing guidance, mentoring and training to a team of Disability Support Workers
- Identify and develop community resources that can be used by clients being supported
- Complete documentation and administrative tasks including regular review of client services agreements, individual plans and available client documentation to ensure services are being delivered as agreed with the client and/or their authorised delegate
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services or similar
- Current NSW Drivers Licence & valid First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex needs and behaviours of concern
- Strong understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Previous experience in leading and/or mentoring a team
- High level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
- Tool of Trade Vehicle
- Salary packaging benefits and employee discounts
- Monthly rostered days off and flexible working hours
- On-going career and performance development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at email@example.com.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 25th of October 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend