Disability Support Worker. Casual & Permanent Part Time - South Perth Metro
Job no: 495000
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Due to continued growth we have new opportunities to join our Community Disability team. We are looking for a number of experienced Disability Support Workers to partner with clients who may require assistance with social and community participation, improved daily living skills and transport. We have a permanent contract (24 hours per fortnight) and various casual positions available.
We are looking for staff who are competent working with clients with complex care needs and mental and physical disabilities. Shifts will vary between Monday to Sunday.
Key Responsibilities could include:
- Promote and assist Clients to achieve goals identified in Person Centred Plans
- Support in day to day living, promoting cooking, housekeeping, personal care (with male and female clients), hygiene, shopping, budgeting, health & fitness etc.
- Assist Clients to develop independence and community networks
- Utilise positive behaviour strategies
- Maintenance of progress notes and record keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or similar
- Significant experience working with people who have a Disability and challenging behaviours
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills with Clients, families and stakeholders
- Demonstrate confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Competent computer skills to complete online training and administration tasks
- A Senior First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent Tax Benefits
- Career development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, please indicate what type of shifts you would prefer.
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close Friday 27th September
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend