Team Leader - Rostering
Job no: 494992
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Coffs Harbour & North Coast, Dubbo & Central NSW, Gosford & Central Coast, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
The Team Leader – Rostering is a newly created role that will lead an established Rostering Team, organise and allocate work and provide high level advice and support to the Rostering Officers.
You will be required to use your highly developed interpersonal skills to build confidence and trust with our clients and employees, whilst ensuring the rostering team are optimising the available workforce to best meet our client requirements and promote a sustainable workforce.
Your ability to think strategically, passion for continuous improvement and prior experience managing a team will be highly regarded.
This position is a permanent, full time position based within NSW. Location is flexible.
- Lead the Roster Team across end to end management of the roster function to ensure compliance with the relevant industrial instrument, legislation, rostering, health and safety and business requirements
- Build and maintain positive relationships through engagement with key internal and relevant external stakeholders
- Define, support and implement strategic projects to improve rostering processes and procedures
- Ensure systems and processes in place support effective and optimal teamwork distribution
- Monitor, coach and support team members to enable them to deliver to the best of their ability ensuring they have the appropriate knowledge and skills to interpret and apply relevant industrial instruments.
- Plan and facilitate regular and effective team meetings and professional development opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in a similar position is required
- Experience in providing advice and support to management and/or staff on roster related matters
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills, with the ability to build a shared understanding of, and commitment to the organisation’s Purpose and Values
- Knowledge of rostering software systems, and understanding of workforce management principles, HSE, relevant awards and roster optimisation
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes
- Highly developed problem solving and conflict resolution skills with an ability to think laterally and use initiative
- Ability to actively lead continuous quality improvement initiatives
Please note that due to the nature of this role, you may be required to work on-call at times. Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Access to Salary Packaging through Maxxia
- Monthly rostered day off
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Hayley Nash via email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 27th September 2020.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend