Home Aged Care Worker (Cleaner)
Job no: 494984
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Townsville & Northern QLD
Categories: Aged Care
- A current unrestricted drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle
- $26.69 per hour + Super
- Current First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain one prior to commencement
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a very rewarding opportunity for you to actively support aged clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of domestic assistance (cleaning). The roster for these positions is between Monday and Friday only.
The successful incumbent for this position will be required to support multiple clients per day, potentially starting as early as 6:00 am and finishing as late as 6:00 pm.
As a Home Care Worker (cleaner) you will:
- Carry out housekeeping duties in line with LWB Policies and Procedures such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry and folding of clothes
- Changing of linen as required
Skills & Experience
- A current drivers licence and reliable vehicle - Essential
- Current First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain one prior to commencement - Essential
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable)
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Flexible hours
- Competitive hourly rate
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Home Care Worker – Townsville’
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is 30 September 2020.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend