Casual Employees Operations Lead - PFT VDAS (Post Covid Canterbury/Epping or Dandenong)
Job no: 494980
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7,000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
In this newly created leadership position, reporting to the Workforce Connect Manager you will be responsible for providing direction, guidance, support, co-ordination and engagement of casual employees within one of our three VDAS regions. Working closely with Client Services and People, Safety & Culture and the Talent & Attraction teams to ensure our casual work force effectively meet the delivery of high-quality services to clients. This includes involvement in the selection, recruitment and induction processes as well as in the continued development, management and engagement of casual employees.
This role will require you to use your highly developed interpersonal skills to build confidence and trust with a range of stakeholders whist drawing upon a knowledge of best practice in workforce supply and demand methods, with the experience and ability to develop & implement strategies to ensure that the casual bank is maintained and effective to meet the changing needs of the business.
Your key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and day to day management of casual employees servicing our residential houses
- Support cost effective utilisation of casual employees and recruitment agencies with the aim of meeting budget targets
- Work closely with the Talent and Attraction, PS&C and Learning and Development team to support the selection, appointment and induction of new casual employees
- Work with colleagues to develop consistent framework, policies and procedures for recruitment, induction, allocation and management of casual pool
Post Covid restrictions this role will be based in one of either Canterbury/Dandenong or Epping office until then you will be working remotely, reporting to the Workforce Connect Manager.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of workforce management principles, health and safety, industrial instruments and roster optimisation
- Experience with Kronos or similar preferred but not essential
- Effective time management skills with the ability to assess competing priorities and deliver outcomes at a high standard, within agreed time-frames
- Strong stakeholder management skills – with ability to work collaboratively across a range of levels to promote and adopt a best fit workforce approach to support quality client outcomes
- Ability to support organisation-wide initiatives that support Life Without Barriers’ Purpose and Values
- Knowledge in HR and performance management
- Able to demonstrate previous experience and success in proactively managing a casual workforce in a regulated client centric environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations offering ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Central Canterbury Location
- Salary packaging
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous applicants are requested not to re-apply.
Applications close at midnight on the 23rd September 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend