Job no: 494979
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Administration/Customer Service, Disability
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
The Roster Coordinator demonstrates organisational and leadership skills in the coordination and rostering of support workers to fulfill program requirements and in accordance with relevant award conditions. The position also facilitates the recruitment, induction and training of support workers to ensure organisational policy and program objectives are met.
This maximum term, part time position is based at our office in Griffith ACT for a contract period of 6 months.
- Undertake rostering of Support Workers, ensuring compliance with relevant awards, budgets, Workplace Health and Safety and efficient and effective use of resources;
- Maintenance of positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in an on-call roster to provide after hours support as required;
- The provision of supervision and support to support workers. This is shared with the relevant Coordinators and/or Case Managers.
- Ensuring a safe working environment and compliance with Life Without Barriers WH&S systems, policies and procedures;
- Provide services in accordance with funding agency standards and agreements;
- Support and promote the work of Life Without Barriers, maintaining a positive image of the organisation in accordance with level of position;
- Build a positive team environment through the demonstration of good communication and interpersonal skills and appropriate peer support;
- Model appropriate conflict resolution, communication and positive behaviour management skills;
- Other duties as required.
- Comply with all Life Without Barriers policies, code of conduct, procedures and practices, external funding body requirements and legislation;
- Apply and uphold principles of equity and anti-discrimination in the workplace and adhere to organisational and legislative Health, Safety and Environment requirements;
- Support and encourage staff to attend training and professional development opportunities. Ensure staff are rostered to attend training and mandatory training requirements are met.
Skills & Experience
- Administration and data entry experience;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- High level interpersonal skills, customer service and relationship building skills, including in influencing and negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Sound experience working with the requirements of the relevant employee Awards;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including and the capacity to work collaboratively within a professional framework.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and ACT Working with Vulnerable People (where relevant to the role).
- Monthly RDO
- Attractive remuneration package with salary packaging
- Discounts on health insurance, motor vehicle servicing, and travel club membership
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Roster Coordinator - Griffith ACT ’.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight Wednesday 28 September 2020.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend