Team Leader - Rostering. Permanent Full Time - Baulkham Hills
Job no: 494959
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Permanent full-time position ideally located in our Baulkham Hills office. The team Leader - Rostering manages a growing team of Roster Coordinators and manages the optimisation and coordination of the available workforce and systems to best meet customer requirements and to promote a sustainable workforce.
- Lead the centralised Roster Coordinator Team across end to end management of the roster function to ensure compliance against Award and contract conditions
- In conjunction with Team Leaders, ensure that shifts are filled in a timely manner and in such a way as to ensure minimum disruption to clients and remain cost effective
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders as required in response to substantial planned roster changes, roster concerns and complaints
- Monitor and audit master rosters developed to ensure support is delivered to participants that reflects NDIS plans and service agreements
- Work with operational managers to develop and implement strategic and operational plans to manage and improve rostering
- Monitor, review and manage systems and processes to support effective and optimal teamwork distribution
- Ensure end of pay period activities, including checks and reconciliation have been completed by rostering and operational staff
- Manage and triage issues where there is an inability to provide direct support to a participant
- Build and maintain positive relationships through engagement with key internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role where you have managed a rostering team
- Experience working in a fast paced, fluid environment where you have managed large scale change projects
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice and support to management and staff on roster related matters
- Demonstrated experience in the use of rostering systems or tools
- Knowledge of workforce management principles, health and safety, industrial instruments and roster optimisation
- The ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with a range of stakeholders to optimise a best fit workforce for customers
- Demonstrated written communication skills for the creation of reports, correspondence and other material
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 27th of September 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend