Disability Support Worker. Casual - Batemans Bay
Job no: 494925
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast, Sydney
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless, refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As a casual Disability Support Worker, you will be given the opportunity to empower and support the growth and independence of our clients with disability. In our growing community at Batemans Bay, we are specifically looking for people who are passionate about a career in disability services and have experience in offering person-centred support.
The successful applicant will have an in-depth understanding of mental health and disabilities in general, as well as the ability to engage and attend to a variety of client needs. This opportunity requires the successful candidate to be flexible for a variety of shifts including weekends.
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan.
- Support the client’s independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community.
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities.
- Implement skills development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users.
- Establish rapport and collaborate effectively with clients and their families to achieve a positive outcome.
- Track and document an individual’s progress through thorough note keeping
- Provide a positive team environment through the demonstration of good interpersonal skills and peer support.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Welfare or similar
- A current First Aid Certificate
- An unrestricted NSW Driver’s Licence
- The confidence to maintain service user privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and engaging with low and high support clients
- Proven success working in mental health
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- An opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- An hourly rate from $34.93 per hour + super and salary packaging benefits
- On-going training opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Zali Kakko at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 23rd of September 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend