Program Manager, Aged Care - Darwin
Job no: 494814
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Aged Care
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest not for profit organisation
- Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits and RDO's
- Based in Darwin, Permanent full-time position
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 6,500 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Aged Care practitioner to join our Darwin team in a management position. The Program Manager for our Aged Care team oversees and manages the day-to-day operations of our program.
This position would suit someone who is passionate about leading and developing a team that is providing a safe and supportive service for the elderly people we support to live independently for as long possible.
- Develop, lead, motivate and manage a team of support staff
- Manage the AC program compliance with legislation, standards, contractual requirements and internal policy
- Ensure delivery of program services in accordance with program budget, local business plans and in line with client needs and plans
- Ensure a consistent standard of quality is delivered for program in accordance with regulations prescribed in relevant legislation and funding agency standards
- Manage risks and issues arising in the course of service management
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a program similar to that is delivered by LWB’s Residential Care
- Degree qualification in Human Services or related discipline.
- A demonstrated commitment to the care and protection of clients
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management of staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage services and programs within a budget
- Current unrestricted Australian drivers licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Monthly RDO
- Supportive team environment
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal & Entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "PM Aged Care - Darwin"
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current closing date is the 11th October 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend